Silambarasan TR is currently gearing up for the release of his much-awaited film, Vendhu Thanindhathu Kaadu, which has a screenplay and direction done by Gautham Vasudev Menon based on writer Jeyamohan's story. The highly-anticipated trailer of the movie was released yesterday (September 2) at 9 PM during the film's audio launch. Watching the trailer, it looks very promising and one cannot help but be convinced that the film will be a blockbuster phenomenon upon its release given its ambitious take on the project. Therefore, let us look at 6 such reasons why we firmly believe Vendhu Thanindhathu Kaadu will be a surefire hit.
- The much-awaited MASS TRAILER of STR's Vendhu Thanindhathu Kaadu is out | Gautham Menon, A. R. Rahman
- BREAKING: Silambarasan TR's Vendhu Thanindhathu Kaadu - OTT streaming partner confirmed! Check out!
- Makers of Vendhu Thanindhathu Kaadu release a new surprise video - don't miss | Silambarasan TR
- Silambarasan TR's Vendhu Thanindhathu Kaadu - New Glimpse Released and you can't miss this!
1) TRANSFORMATION - We first see Simbu come from humble beginnings in the Vendhu Thanindhathu Kaadu trailer as he is hailing from a remote village in Tamil Nadu. But, as the trailer goes on, we see him transform into a more real person as he adapts to the world around him, which takes him on the path leading him to be a big gangster in Mumbai. It is also one thing to play a role in a film a certain way with one kind of physique. But, pushing the boundaries and getting into the skin of the character is a whole new aspect on a whole different level, and that is exactly what STR has done here. We see him go from a lanky village youth to a more menacing-looking individual towards the end of the trailer, which surely added to giving us all goosebumps.
2) PERFORMANCE - STR was last seen in the Venkat Prabhu-directorial Maanaadu for which he received heaps of praise from the fans and audience alike. With VTK coming out now, we get to experience Simbu in his most versatile form. It is clear that the two movies are on two ends of the spectrum and seeing him nail both characters with ease is just awe-inspiring. It will be interesting, especially for the fans, to see Simbu give a completely different performance in VTK, especially as his act in Maanaadu is still fresh in the audience's memory.
3) MUSICAL SCORE - One cannot go wrong with A. R. Rahman's music. Our 'Isaipuyal' is not a two-time Academy Award and Grammy winner for no reason. With all the songs out now, people have already been swooning over Rahman's compositions. But, one thing we are all waiting to see is his musical genius in the background score of the film. The trailer gives us a glimpse of this and it is safe to say that he has outdone himself once again (no surprise there) and will definitely give out a memorable background score.
4) NEW DIRECTION - Gautham Menon has always been known to churn out flamboyant and posh scripts as his subject matter always has a very classy and upper-middle-class feel to it. But, given how things turned out to be in VTK's trailer, it is easy to spot how grounded the film is as a lot of the scenes are set amidst a rural backdrop. This is something that we have not seen in a Gautham Menon film and it is great to see him step outside of his traditional zone in order to deliver such a film that feels sort of experimental. But, from all that we have seen, we can be sure that the film is bound to do well and skyrocket GVM's stature as a filmmaker.
5) THE ELEMENT OF ROMANCE - It is not a Gautham Vasudev Menon film if there is no element of romance in it. From the trailer, it is evident from the trailer that the visuals touch upon romance too even though the film is of the gangster genre focusing on the rise of a don. It is nice to see GVM incorporate a touch of love into this otherwise high-octane action film. This fusion of the two will surely be a treat to watch on the big screen.
6) TRAILER'S CONCLUSION - The whole 2 minutes and 19 seconds trailer for Vendhu Thanindhathu Kaadu was a visual treat for all viewers as it features wonderful performances, characters, story, film-making style, music, etc. But, the trailer stands out among other trailers for one reason, its ending. The words "Part 1 The Kindling" appears at the end of the trailer and it is something that has sent the viewers spiraling into speculation. After that, GVM, who narrates the trailer, is also heard saying, "His journey doesn't end here. To be continued", at the end of it. This has left the viewers to wonder if there will be a Part 2 of the film and since each and every viewer thinks a different way, the end of this amazing trailer is left for speculation, which in turn makes the film the topic of conversation.
Check out the official trailer of Vendhu Thanindhathu Kaadu here: