Darbar kissing scene deleted for vulgarity - 11 cuts in total by Censor Board!
‘Superstar’ Rajinikanth’s upcoming film, Darbar, under the Lyca Productions banner is the first-time the iconic actor has teamed up with blockbuster director, A. R. Murugadoss. Gearing up for a worldwide theatrical release on January 9 as a grand Pongal treat, the action cop drama featuring music by Anirudh Ravichander had its audio and an explosive trailer released a few days back. With promotions in full swing by the film's production banner, Lyca Productions, it was revealed earlier today that Darbar has been given a 'U/A' certificate by the Censor Board; thus making it the fourth consecutive Rajinikanth starrer to attain the certification after Kaala, 2.0 and Petta. That said, the Censor Report has also revealed that there are 11 cuts in total among which includes the trimming and replacement of the visual of a kissing scene in a mobile.
The 11 cuts in Darbar by the Censor Board are as follows:
1. Replaced the word "Mayiru” in Shot No.49. (Reel 1 - 06:53) (public decency)
2. Defocused the blood splash visuals in between Shot Nos.110 to 120 and 132 to 143. (Reel 1 - 09:04) (violence)
3. Trimmed the fight sequence whom Adithya’s introduction scene in between Shot Nos 110 to 175. (Applicant can retain 80% of the fight sequence) (Reel 1 - 09:59) (violence)
4. Removed and Replaced the visual of hitting on the private part in Shot No 94. (Reel 2 - 04:57) (vulgarity)
5. Defocused the visuals of blood splash while Adithya is stabbing the hand of the kidnapper in Shot Nos.124 and 126. (Reel 2 - 05:37) (violence)
6. Trimmed and Replaced the visual of kissing scene in a mobile in Shot No.237 (Reel 3 - 13.10) (vulgarity)
7. Trimmed the visuals of shooting shots in between Shot Nos.36 to 80 (applicant can retain 80% of the sequence) (Reel 7 - 03:38) (violence)
8. Defocused the visual of shoe lying on Police uniform in Shot No 45. (Reel 8 - 02:21) (Defamation)
9. Defocused the dose up visual of blood splash in between Shot Nos.2 to 35. (Reel 8 - 00:36.01:02,01.40) (violence)
10. Reduced the duration of stabbing on the neck of villain in between Shot Nos.407 to 419. (Reel 8 - 18:27, 18:41) (violence)
11. Digitally Reduced the visual of blood pukes out of villain's chest in Shot No.422. (Reel 8 - 19:07) (violence)
Expectations for Darbar are massive considering fans will finally witness ‘Thalaivar’ Rajinikanth as a police officer after he had last donned the khakhi in the 1992 film, Pandiyan. Apart from Rajinikanth, the film also includes Nayanthara as the female lead followed by Bollywood actor Suniel Shetty playing the antagonist while actress Nivetha Thomas, Prateik Babbar and Yogi Babu in supporting roles alongside many others.
About This Page
People looking for online information on Rajinikanth,Nayanthara,Anirudh Ravichander,Suniel Shetty,A.R. Murugadoss,Lasya will find this news story useful.