One of the talented and sought-after directors of Tamil Cinema Lokesh Kanagaraj is celebrating his birthday today. The director has become a sensation with the release of four blockbuster films. His upcoming film Leo is with 'Thalapathy' Vijay as lead. The cast and crew of the film are in Kashmir with the filming progressing in full-swing. The movie has created a huge anticipation among fans as they look-forward to every update from the crew. As the Director Lokesh Kanagaraj is celebrating his 37th birthday today, The cast and crew,including Sanjay Dutt, fans and movie buffs shared their wishes for the director. Pictures from his birthday celebration last night were also released and went viral. Lokesh Kanagaraj has shared a new picture with 'Thalapathy' Vijay from the celebration on his Twitter saying Thanks.
- "It makes me more responsible" - Lokesh Kanagaraj shares heart-felt thanks! Here's his latest photo with 'Thalapathy' Vijay!
- "Happy Birthday my brother, son..." - Sanjay Dutt pens sweet message to Lokesh Kanagaraj! Check out the wishes from Leo crew!
- 16 years of Karthiism | Leo director Lokesh Kanagaraj shares a big treat for Karthi's fans before Kaithi 2 - Check it out!
- Lokesh Kanagaraj gives a bone-crushing hug to Leo's Art Director. Click to know the reason:
Here are 10 amazing facts about Lokesh, Vikram and how LCU was created, that will leave you amazed! These details were revealed by Lokesh Kanagaraj himself during an interview with National award winning film critic Baradwaj Rangan in Galatta Plus. Check it out:
● When asked about what Lokesh Kanagaraj's unique style is, he said night action sequences with retro songs and biryani.
● Interestingly, before Vikram, Lokesh signed with RKFI in 2019 for another project that he was developing at that time. He couldn’t pursue that due to various reasons.
● Before Vikram, Lokesh always dream't of doing a spin-off movie for the character Michael from Kamal Haasan's “Michael Madana Kama Rajan”.
● The initial bound script given to Kamal Haasan (search for the protagonist) for Vikram, and the bound script at the end of the film’s shoot was approximately around 40% different. A lot of writing and sequences were added and altered when Lokesh saw the nuances of the actors.
● Before Vikram, Lokesh kanagaraj had only planned for a Kaithi sequel in his filmography. There was no such thing as LCU. He created the LCU by bringing in the characters of Kaithi only when he saw a potential cross-over in the process of screenwriting,.
● 'Thalapathy' Vijay and Lokesh are already a blockbuster combination. As the duo thrashed records at the box office with Master, they once again has joined hands for a multi-starrer film. It's speculated that Leo would be a part of LCU, though Lokesh has not commented on this. Whether or not it is a part of LCU remains to be a mystery.
● In an interview with Baradwaj Rangan, Lokesh revealed that Dilli used to be a Kabadi player while serving his jail time in Kaithi. He refers to the bag that Dilli (Karthi) carries, has the cups he won. It was an hidden detail in the film.
● Lokesh is an ardent fan of DC Movies. He loves the Batman Trilogy and was inspired by its theme and lighting. He later planned to add similar lighting to his films Kaithi and Vikram.
● Martin Scorsese’s films continues to be an inspiration for Lokesh Kanagaraj. Among them, Goodfellas turns out to be his favorite film.
● In an interview, when Lokesh was asked about the favourite film that he directed, he mentioned all films were equal to him. The first shot where he called to action in his debut film Maanagaram will be one that he will remember.