Jyotika continues to rule the hearts of Tamil cinema fans everywhere and is all set to leave everyone spellbound once again when her upcoming film, Udanpirappe, premieres on October 14 on Amazon Prime Video. Directed by Era Saravanan of Kathukutty fame, the rural family drama produced by Suriya under his 2D Entertainment banner also includes Samuthirakani, Soori, Vela Ramamoorthy, Kalaiyarasan, Sija Rose, Cook with Comali fame Dheepa, Nivedhithaa Sathish, among others in pivotal roles and is incidentally Jyotika's landmark 50th film. In light of Jyotika reaching the new milestone in her career with Udanpirappe, here’s looking back at her five iconic characters from a few of her classic films that define her acting prowess.
1. Kushi: If Bollywood has Geet, then Kollywood’s Jenny is no less. The vivacious, adorable, and short-tempered Jenny was a character that could put a smile on one’s face. Her banters with Shiva, played by Vijay, was a treat to watch. With this film, she went ahead to win a Filmfare award for the best actress.
2. Chandramukhi: Who wasn’t scared out of their wits every time Jyotika as Chandramukhi came on screen and said “Raa Raa”? Essaying the cheerful Ganga with a split personality disorder, Jyotika proved her versatility with her hauntingly beautiful performance in Chandramukhi.
3. Mozhi: Jyotika is one such actor who can bring a character to life. She won countless hearts when she played Archana, a charming mute and deaf girl in Mozhi, for which she even learned sign language. Having grown up in an unloving environment, Archana’s pain and yearning for love, topped with a load of insecurities were reflected perfectly on-screen by Jyotika.
4. Kaakha Kaakha: Every student's dream is to have a teacher like Maya. Jyotika truly feels like a fantasy every time she comes on screen. Her endearing and straightforward character who would go to any extent to help her students was totally loved by the audience. Maya’s tragic death left everyone teary-eyed. Such is the intensity of her acting.
5. 36 Vayadhinile: After an 8-year hiatus, it was refreshing to see Jyotika as Vasanti who showed us that imperfections are what makes us human. Playing a strong woman with forgotten dreams and aspirations who is chided by her family, Jyotika portrays intense emotions with the utmost sensitivity. When Vasanti finally finds her calling and gets the respect she deserves, Jyotika steals the show.
02/10/2021 11:41 AM
01/10/2021 08:47 PM
01/10/2021 07:52 PM
01/10/2021 07:46 PM
01/10/2021 07:20 PM