First mass statement about Rajinikanth's Darbar trailer - check it out!
By Vivek Raj | Galatta | 11:59 AM
‘Superstar’ Rajinikanth’s upcoming film, Darbar, produced by Lyca Productions under A. R. Murugadoss' direction is gearing up for a worldwide release on January 9, 2020 as a massive Pongal treat. An out-and-out action cop drama, the film’s audio composed by Anirudh Ravichander was released last week and has been receiving a tremendous response. With the audio launched and all sights now set on the film’s theatrical release, cinematographer, Santosh Sivan took to his Twitter page to convey his birthday wishes to Rajinikanth as the iconic veteran actor turned politician will be turning 70 tomorrow (December 12). Furthermore, the 12-time National Award winner dropped a reference about the Darbar trailer despite not revealing the date or time as to when it would be released. There are speculations doing the rounds on social networking forums that the trailer could likely be released as a birthday treat for 'Thalaivar' fans, but an official statement from Lyca Productions is now awaited. Check out Santosh Sivan's tweet below:
With Santosh Sivan now declaring that a trailer for Darbar will be out, that clears all talks about a teaser for the film getting released. The film is the second occasion the Chekka Chivantha Vaanam cinematographer is working with Rajinikanth after making his Tamil cinema debut in 1991 with the cult classic blockbuster, Thalapathi, under Mani Ratnam’s direction. Rajinikanth plays the role of a top-ranking police official named Aaditya Arunasalam and will be donning the khakhi for the first time after the 1992 film, Pandiyan.
Nayanthara will be seen alongside Rajinikanth for the fourth time in the upcoming Darbar after her previous appearances in Chandramukhi, Sivaji and Kuselan while Bollywood actors Suniel Shetty and Prateik Babbar are playing the antagonists and actress Nivetha Thomas and comedian Yogi Babu have been cast in major supporting roles.
BREAKING: Darbar song faces copyrights issue - important clarification
By Arvind Sundaram | Galatta | 02:15 PM
The grand audio launch of Superstar Rajinikanth's Darbar happened recently and the songs have already got an overwhelming reception from the audience. 'Chumma Kizhi' and 'Thani Vazhi' have stood out among all the songs and has already become big hits. As per the officially released jukebox, there are 6 tracks, including the two theme tracks. However, there is a 7th track which couldn't make it to the final album due to copyright issues. This song is called 'Kannula Thimiru' and it has been crooned by three transwomen, Chandramukhi, Rachana Mudraboina, and Priya Murthi.
The video of this song will also reportedly feature the transgender community and this song was also performed live at the audio launch. This song features the iconic Annamalai music (composed by Deva) that is fused with Anirudh's new Darbar theme music. Deva had conducted the musical recording of this song and it was revealed at the audio launch as well. The fans were disappointed about not being able to hear the song on digital platforms.
When we checked with our source close to the unit, we got more clarity on this issue. "Lahari Music holds the audio rights of Annamalai music and they are ready to give the rights to Divo, who hold the rights for Darbar. However, terms are under negotiation and will be sorted out within the next 2-3 days. The song will come out (on YouTube) for sure and would not have been performed at the audio launch, if there were any major issues. Just final details being sorted out."
Directed by A.R.Murugadoss and produced by Lyca, Darbar has music by Anirudh Ravichander and cinematography by Santosh Sivan. This action entertainer is scheduled to release on January 9, 2020.
The Much Awaited DARBAR Songs - Official Jukebox Video
By Arvind Sundaram | Galatta | 11:38 PM
Superstar Rajinikanth's Darbar is gearing up to hit the screens on January 9, 2020 for the festive occasion of Pongal. This mega biggie features big names like Nayanthara, Suniel Shetty, Prateik Babbar, Yogi Babu, and Nivetha Thomas in the star cast. The grand audio launch of the film is now happening at Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium amidst the presence of thousands of Thalaivar fans. The makers have now released the official jukebox of Darbar that is filled with variety of songs that will satisfy the masses.
The first song from the film, Chumma Kizhi, got an outstanding reception from the fans and it is now time for the rest of the songs to take over the buzz. The album pumps up the mood of the listeners and is sure to lighten up the theatre ambience during the film's release. With Superstar Rajinikanth's charismatic screen presence, style and the dance moves, the songs will definitely make the fans go gaga. Among these new list of songs, 'Thani Vazhi' is an instant pick that is packed with full power and energy.
The digital rights of the film's music belongs to Divo Music. This jukebox is definitely going to take the social media by storm as the songs are full of energy and celebration. Check out the Darbar jukebox here (below these images):
Thalaivar's Darbar grand audio launch - red hot live updates! Check out!
By Arvind Sundaram | Galatta | 11:19 PM
The grand audio launch of Superstar Rajinikanth's Darbar is right now happening at Nehru Indoor Stadium amidst the presence of thousands of Thalaivar fans. Directed by A.R.Murugadoss and produced by Lyca, this film is scheduled to hit the screens for the festive occasion of Pongal next year. We at Galatta Media will constantly update our readers with the live updates directly from the event. To have a track of that, follow the thread below and enjoy!
* Thousands of Thalaivar fans have assembled to witness their favourite star on the stage!
* The stage looks grand and stylish with colourful lights brimming all around. This is the stage that is going to witness Thalaivar's speech and rockstar Anirudh's raging live performance.
* The recent 'Chill Bro' sensation and musicians duo Vivek - Mervin are one among the first guests to enter the auditorium!
* Actor Sriman, who plays an important role in Darbar, is now inside the auditorium.
* Thalaivar's yesteryear classic hit songs like 'My Name is Billa' and 'Vandhenda Paalkaran' are being played and it gets fantastic reception from the fans.
*Nivetha Thomas enters the auditorium in style and she looks gorgeous!
* Actor and dance master Raghava Lawrence is one of the chief guests for the event. Being an ardent Thalaivar fan, how will he miss this grand event?
* The Darbar audio launch is underway with Ramya Subramaniam and Vigneshkanth as the hosts!
* Cinematographer Santosh Sivan, who is working with Rajinikanth after 28 years, becomes the first celebrity on the Darbar audio launch stage. He states, "Rajini sir is a saint. He has a fantastic presence both in front of the camera as well as behind the scenes too!"
* Darbar villain Suniel Shetty takes the stage next. He says, "it is an absolute pleasure and brilliant experience for me to be a part of Darbar and work with Superstar Rajinikanth!"
* And our one and only Superstar Rajinikanth arrives at the Darbar audio launch venue, in style!
* There has been a special AV being played - dedicated to director AR Murugadoss, by his team. The AV has public talking about the director and his films and his association with Thala Ajith and Thalapathy Vijay!
* Darbar director AR Murugadoss takes the stage, to rapturous response from the crowd!
* AR Murugadoss states that he is the seniormost Rajini fan and that he would be happy sitting amongst the audience and cheering than being on stage. As children, we used to eat seeing the moon but I now feel like I have landed on the moon. After Rajini sir, almost all the heroes have some hint of him, in them. There is no difference between Rajini sir's fans and my fans, as I myself am a Rajini fan.
* Producer Subaskaran Alliraja of Lyca Productions, takes the stage.
* The Loyola Dream Team gives a tribute dance performance for Lyca., which ends with the 'Thalaivar Theme' from Darbar!
* Rockstar Anirudh, who has composed the Darbar album, takes the stage! Interestingly, he doesn't come from backstage but goes on from amongst the audience!
* Anirudh states, "There is no such thing as fans for me. Everybody is a Thalaivar fan only and so am I! It was a lifelong dream for me to compose music for a Thalaivar movie and now, it has happened twice! Thank you AR Murugadoss sir for believing in me!"
* The very first movie I watched in the theatre was Thalaivar's Annamalai. This Pongal will definitely be a huge treat for all Thalaivar fans. Andrum, Indrum, Endrum, orey Superstar dhaan!"
* Aaaand... Thalaivar Rajinikanth makes a stylish grand entry, in full white attire!
* Thalaivar enters the stage after a marana mass BGM and laser lights display the SUPER STAR design!
* Superstar enters to the 'Chumma Kizhi' song playing and greets all the technicians.
* Dance choreographer Sathish and his team pay a dance tribute to Superstar Rajinikanth!
* Director Shankar arrives...
* Stuntmasters Ram & Lakshman take the stage and thank director AR Murugadoss for trusting them and giving them this opportunity! They state that Rajini sir performed all the stunts by himself without a dupe and add that you will never realise your age while talking to him and he will always think about and talk about his fans and the people only!
* Lyricist Vivek, who wrote 'Chumma Kizhi' comes on to the stage! He says he wrote the song just to tell people about "Rajiniism"!
* Vivek states, "Rajini sir has so much love and affection in him but in the movie, he'll just tear everyone apart!" This is a very huge responsibility for Anirudh, at a very young age but he is somebody who composes for the fans and their enjoyment!" Talking about director Shankar, he says, "He is such a leading celebrity but while we were talking here, he excused himself and informed me before going to drink water!"
* Vivek adds, "We talk about transgenders so much but actually do nothing for them. We should respect them and there is a whole song in Darbar, dedicated to them!"
* Nivetha Thomas, who plays Superstar Rajinikanth's daughter in Darbar, comes on stage!
* Nivetha Thomas states that she never even dreamed of acting with Rajinikanth. She professes that she is a huge fan of Anirudh and states that the songs have come out amazingly ("Veri ah")! Nivetha states that shooting for Darbar was like enjoying a carnival with full on song and dance on the sets!
* Talking about Rajini, she says, "I feel God is always around Rajini sir, protecting him. Earlier it was 'Aandavan Solraan, Arunachalam mudikkiraan!' but going forward after this movie, it will be 'Aandavan Solraan, Aaditya Arunasalam mudippaaru!' Just wait and watch!"
*She asks Rajini a question... Nivetha invites Rajinikanth to her house and states that she will cook with her own hands and serve him and asks if he will come. Rajini gives a thumbs up from where he's sitting! She states that he loves his food and relishes what he eats and this is the reason behind her asking him to come home!
* Arun Vijay comes on stage!
* Talking about Thalaivar, he says that he has been seeing Rajini since childhood and that it seems like magic, every single time. He states that, "Whichever country or place we go to, we can proudly tell that Superstar is from our place! My first shot in front of the camera was by Rajini sir! Right from the time Darbar was announced, the excitement has only been going up! We just can't wait to watch the movie and see how AR Murugadoss sir has shown him on screen!" He states that Rajini has influenced almost all the actors and that they are all just working towards reaching his destination. Talking about Anirudh, "Neenga vera level bro! Chumma Kizhi, kizhichitteenga!" He leaves the stage, waiting as excitedly for Darbar as every single Rajini fan!
* The 'Unbeaten' dance crew from Mumbai, pays a tribute for the vibrant city and to celebrate Mumbaiism!
* Yogi Babu takes the stage!
* He says, "I am somebody who fought hard among the other fans to get a Rs. 4 ticket to watch Baasha. Now, I have been fortunate to sit in the first row of this audio launch function. I feel very happy about it! I thank AR Murugadoss sir and the entire Darbar team for this opportunity. I have played a small role alongside Rajini sir. He used to teach me a lot during shoot. He taught me to get my comedy timing right."
* Anchor Ramya asks Yogi Babu about when he is going to get married. Responding to this, "There are so many issues in the world, yet you are asking me this question! However, Thalaivar has asked me to serve him my wedding treat by Thai masam. Will definitely do that!" When Ramya asks Yogi Babu to give the wedding treat soon, he states, if you want food, let me know and I shall get from somewhere outside and give you!
* Yogi B comes on stage to perform the second song from Darbar album - 'Athiradi'!
* Raghava Lawrence takes the stage!
* Lawrence says, "Thank you for these songs Anirudh! After a long time, you have only been giving such mass songs for Thalaivar. I already feel like going to the theatre and dancing. It is a wonderful time to join hands with Thalaivar now, Murugadoss sir! I am sure that this movie will overtake even Baasha! In one word, Thalaivar is the person who has made somebody who rightfully belongs to the last row, come and sit in the first row. Earlier, we as Rajini fans, used to desecrate Kamal sir's movie posters but now only we are coming to know that things have been so much different! It looks like both of them will come together (politically)... Lots of people will utter words like Athisayam and Arputham but only after Rajini sir said those words, they themselves have become special and magical!
Rajini sir himself is magical and wonderful! There are 1000 miracles which are mentioned in books and that is all Superstar! The confidence in a miracle is Superstar! He is a Guru for us all! Have any of you seen him shout at anybody? Have any of you heard of him having cheated anybody? Never! He has never done such things! Will any top star make his 100th film on a saint like Raghavendra? At times, I have called him and asked him to let his fans free to respond to all derogatory statements against him. He will always state one thing only - "Aandavan paathukuvaan... vidu da kanna!"
"He has said he will come to politics and all those who mention that he is old and doesn't know politics, wait and watch! Just look at how he walks and you can see if he's old! To those who ask if he needs publicity at this age, I would just say, Superstar is another name for publicity. Modi ji himself visits our Superstar in his house! Do you know why he is coming to politics, even at this stage? It is because of his words - "Uppitta Tamil Mannai Naan Marakka Maatten!"
"When Kalaignar Karunanithi died, they didn't give him land for burial in the Marina beach. That time, I felt Stalin should become the CM. Suddenly Edappadi came to that post and I felt that he is doing a good job. However, there is one person whom I don't wish to name, who is talking very badly about my Thalaivar. Don't forget that you are also just talking about him to gain publicity. In future, if you continue talking like this about my Thalaivar, I will talk back. I guess I've spoken too much and am not sure if Thalaivar will even lift my phone again. I don't know politics but don't make me learn it by talking about my Thalaivar!"
* The trailers of Trisha's Raangi and Arun Vijay & Prasanna's Mafia are being screened!
* Actor Vivekh enters the stage and says, "I am going to state 3 letters and the entire crowd is going to go delirious!" and says, "Ra Ji Ni", making the entire crowd begin shouting and whistling and clapping, non-stop!
* Vivek says, "Fans of Rajini would stop celebrating after a while but how will fanatics stop? Shall I go outside, have a tea and come while you guys finish shouting? There is a dialogue in Baasha, which talks about how a person's nerves and blood should be soaked in something to be like that. Similarly, if there's a person whose blood and nerves are rooted in music, it is Anirudh! I always like Raja sir (Ilaiyaraja). I like Anirudh's charm and his humanity. Once, when I went to his studio, I forgot my chappal while leaving. He carried it in his hand and brought it to me. I knew then itself that with this humility, he would reach great heights and here he is, with Darbar!"
"AR Murugadoss is a Tamilian who has made a Hindi movie and entered the Rs. 100 Crores club! All I know is "Neenga verum Das aah, illa lord labakku das aah! However, in Mumbai people are asking - Neenga verum Das aah illa Muruga Das aah! Earlier, there used to be many production companies but nowadays all big movies are being made only by Lyca, incuding Indian 2, Darbar, Ponniyin Selvan! Just look at our Superstar in the poster, he looks so much more stylish than when we saw him in Moondru Mugam. India's leading star Amitabh Bachchan himself tells that he is not a superstar and that the real Superstar is the one we have in Tamil Nadu! This is a throne that he has been sitting on, for over 40 years!"
"Would it even be good to hear if somebody else mouths his dialogues? No way! Rajini sir is a man who inspires and encourages those who struggle and face hardships in life. He has never even spoken badly about anybody. If somebody complains about any person to him also, he would just simply listen to it. He is a man of simplicity and never shows off to anybody. When he was ill, it was the prayers and wishes of his crores of fans which made him recover so well! He even goes to the Himalayas, regularly and this made me think of a dialogue - 'Thalaivar Sivan oda sitting um podaraaru, Yaman oda cutting um podaraaru!"
"I am not too familiar with Murugadoss sir or I would have asked him to use this dialogue in the movie. Subaskaran sir, please don't stop with making only big movies. Now and then please do movies like Kolamaavu Kokila too, as the industry is suffering a lot!"
* Darbar villain Suniel Shetty comes on stage with the words, "When Murugadoss sir approached me for this movie, I immediately accepted as Rajini sir is like God to me!"
* Suniel Shetty says, "It was my dream come true to act with Rajini sir. To all the fans, it is just acting in the movie, please don't mistake! We all have a little bit of Rajini sir, inside us. Even after working in 120 films, I felt nervous acting beside him. I have taken one promise from Rajini sir that you all will love me even after watching the movie! Will I be able to come back to Chennai, after the movie releases?"
* An AV of music director Deva's message for Superstar is being played!
* Deva says, "Though I am not composing for Superstar nowadays, I have travelled with him for nearly 27 years. He liked the opening I gave for him while composing the RR for Annamalai. Anirudh called me and said that he wants to use a portion of my song in a song in Darbar. He didn't stop with just telling me, he took me to his studio and made me conduct the song. His wonderful character and heart are the main reasons that everything he touches becomes successful!
* Trans-women perform the third song from the Darbar album onstage!
* They say, "Whenever I watched Rajini sir's Muthu film, I always wanted to meet him atleast once in real life. Thanks to Anirudh sir that I have performed today, in front of Rajini sir. Everybody thinks that only men and women are fans of Superstar but even transgenders are fans of him!"
* Director Shankar comes on stage!
* He says, "I can already get the feel of how it would be, when this movie releases in the theatres! Anirudh's songs are super! I have to tell something about Anirudh. When we sat down for composing, the first tune itself got set for the first three songs. However, even after him giving 5 options for the fourth song, it didn't set. We felt that the 5th option will gradually grow on people. However, Anirudh told it won't work for him as the people should like the song as soon as they hear it! Once, Anirudh gave me 4 options for a tune and I told him that I liked the first option. To this, he replied that the guy who works in his studio also liked that option only. That is Anirudh's secret! He looks at what everybody likes and not just what the director likes!"
"Murugadoss is a kind of director who would groom his hero and villain like fighter cocks. Also, just having money is not enough... A person needs passion to produce movies like this. Rajini sir, it's been nearly a year and a half since I made a movie with you. Not a single day has gone by when I haven't thought about you. He would be ready in his position almost as soon as I tell that the shot is ready. Whereas, nowadays even junior artistes are asking for 5 minutes to prepare, when we tell that the shot is ready. 10 five minutes like these, make up 50 minutes of delay. Almost Rs. 2-3 lakhs would be wasted in a day, because of this itself."
"Rajini sir is a man who knows the value of time. While we were shooting for Sivaji in Pune, everybody on the sets returned to the caravan for food, as the location was dirty. However, Rajini sir sat there itself and ate, as around 20 minutes would have been wasted in going to the caravam and returning. That is Rajini sir! Sir, I miss you!"
* PVR has announced that after doing it for Enthiran, they are now going to launch a special Popcorn variety for Darbar.
* A special AV from singer SP Balasubrahmanyam plays...
* He says, "Rajini and me have been friends for over 40 years. I am sorry, I could not make it to the audio launch event because of a prior commitment in Malaysia." He then requests Anirudh to sing 'Chumma Kizhi' on stage and Anirudh obliges! Anirudh states, "I won't forget the recording session with SPB! He usually sings a song in 1 to 1.5 hours but we recorded from 8:00 to 12:00 for Chumma Kizhi!"
* Anirudh says, "Darbar is an unforgettable experience! I came to the industry just 8 years back and am composing for a Thalaivar movie already. Actually, my second Thalaivar movie, all thanks to Dhanush sir! This is the Athisayam and Arputham in my life! The first ever movie I watched was Annamalai and it was very emotional while working on this movie. I felt extremely happy that I am composing music for my most favourite person in the world! Thanks to Murugadoss sir! When I had just completed 2 small movies, you gave me a chance to score for a huge movie like Kaththi. Thanks to Lyca Productions and a big thanks to my family, who will actually feel more proud than me today!"
"Vivek bro is a bigger Thalaivar fanatic than me. Whoever comes and composes music for Thalaivar, Deva sir's intro music will always stand apart! Many people say that I am giving good albums for Thalaivar. Well, I will give my life for him, won't I give good albums? I am a diehard Thalaivar fan and for me, yesterday, today and forever, there will only be one Superstar!"
* AR Murugadoss goes on stage and an AV on the crew of Darbar is playing...
* AR Murugadoss says, "My favourite hero is Rajini sir. While I was a child, there were just 2 theatres in my town. I used to think that Rajini sir was living inside the theatre only. I don't even know if this is a dream or reality now. I asked Rajini sir a question that was on my mind for a very long time. I asked him how he manages to be No. 1, for all these years. He gave an answer and asked me what I think of the answer. You won't believe it but he would be happily talking and playing around with the hairdressers and makeup artistes. Nowadays, even if you just break a tree branch and call it a director, you should see the drama it creates. However, Rajini sir has remained the same grounded person even after seeing only success for 40 years! Thank you Rajini sir! I will forever remain happy the rest of my life, just thinking about the time I spent with you!"
Talking about the producers, ARM says, "When we made Kaththi, everybody told that they had come to destroy the whole of Tamil Nadu. Now, they are the ones based on whom, the whole Tamil cinema industry is sustaining!" Talking about Anirudh, "He is a very hard worker. He is also a Thalaivar fan like me but not a bigger fan than me. I am senior here and you can't beat me in this. Shobi master has worked on one of the songs. Thalaivar will dance for about 4.5 minutes and I guarantee that the entire theatre will be awestruck by it. Sreekar sir helped me a lot, right from the script itself. Nobody has made Thalaivar fight like in this movie, for the past 15 years. It will be awesome!" He brings all his assistant directors to join him on stage! He also requests Rajkumar Periasamy, the show's director to join him on stage.
* ARM says, "Darbar's hero's name is Aadithya Arunachalam. Aadithya is my son's name and Arunachalam is my father's name!" Ramya asks ARM to tell something common between Thalaivar, Thala and Thalapathy. ARM says, "I am sorry! Thalaivar vera levelunga! Superstar is the only equal for himself! There is only one Superstar! There is no place here for Quarter Superstar or Little Superstar! I cannot even find an equal to Thalaivar as an actor, how can I tell there's somebody equal to him as a human?"
* The man of the moment - Superstar Rajinikanth comes on stage!
* After welcoming everybody in his own style, Rajini begins talking! He says, "I've already spoken about Subaskaran. In a very short time, he has become a very close friend. Everybody knows him only as a producer but he is also a very big industrialist in London. He knows both the ruling party and the opposition party in London. He is generating a lot of jobs for the people there. He has a lot of respect and social standing there. He once called me to come to London and I asked why. He told me that he is planning to open a park in my name, there. I told, this should not be done when I am alive and something might happen to me. He immediately told no to the idea and dropped it!"
Talking about ARM, Rajini says, "I like the movie Ramana, very much. After watching Ghajini, I spoke to ARM and asked him to do a movie with me and also heard a story. I was working on Sivaji at that time and he was doing the Hindi version of Ghajini. Due to some delays, we could not work together then. Also, after Lingaa, I didn't want to play younger roles but Karthik Subbaraj was very adamant that he wanted me to play a younger character. After seeing me in Petta, Murugadoss narrated a story about a retired Police Commissioner to me within just a week! This movie will definitely be a treat for everybody! While shooting he will happily shout and whistle like a child but if he gets angry, he will shout louder than the generator's noise! Murugadoss is just after Shankar sir for me! Both of them are of the same class!"
"Santosh Sivan is always very fast in his work. It feels very happy to work with him after 29 years! Chandramukhi was the second movie for Nayanthara and this is her 100th movie! She looks far more glamorous now! Suniel has played his character very well. Yogi Babu and Nivetha Thomas have given life to the movie. Murugadoss was very particular on having Ram Lakshman for the stunts."
"Anirudh is the hero of today's function. He is our family's child. With every passing day and movie, he is working very hard to deliver excellent work. Generally, music directors don't have story sense and only Ilaiyaraaja has it. Anirudh already has that quality now. Excellent Anirudh, this album is even better than Petta! The story of Darbar is set in Mumbai and as soon as the shoot started, monsoons arrived. We finished the shoot in 90 days. Any other director would have taken nearly 180 days to complete this movie."
"December 12th is my birthday and this year, it happens to be a very important day for me. After completing 69 years, I am turning 70! As usual, I will be going out of town for my birthday. Please don't celebrate it extravagantly. I will consider this audio launch as my birthday celebration. I am going to share two secrets with you all. I failed in SSLC but then cleared it in my second attempt. When I told my brother that I would go to work, he made me study against my wishes. He made me join a very expensive college. I also began roaming around with the rich students there. They gave me Rs. 120 to pay for exam fees. I didn't have the heart to pay it. After night 10:30, I got onto a train. When I woke up, I was in Chennai. But I had lost my ticket and the ticket collector didn't believe me too. The porters there helped me and even fought with him. Only after I told them that I have money to pay the fine but my ticket had gone missing did the ticket collector let me go."
"Rajinikanth is a name that Balachander sir was very fond of! He gave me that name with a lot of confidence in me and I am thankful that the confidence paid off. Kalaignanam sir produced my first movie, despite many people telling him not to. His confidence has also paid off. A lot of producers believe in me and produce my movies and their trust is also repaid. Similarly, have trust in me and I shall definitely ensure that it is not lost!"
"My Parattai character from Pathinaaru Vayathinilae gave me the reach in all corners of society! We discussed 10,000 as my salary for that role but ended finalising it as 6000. They said they would pay me 1000 as advance but I didn't get it. They then said, trust us and come to the shooting spot, we will give you the advance right before you apply make up. The shooting spot was AVM Studios and I had also reached there but even when it was getting late for shoot, I didn't get the advance and I also refused to apply make up. The producer then came and shouted at me, asking if I was a big shot and told me that I had done just 4 or 5 films. He then told me to leave the place and that I no longer had the character."
"The movie turned out to be a resounding success in the second week itself and whenever I saw its posters mentioning 'Idhu epdi irukku?', I used to think of this incident and think 'Idhu epdi irukku?'! After a few years, AVM Saravanan sir called me and gave me a movie. I purchased a Fiat car for Rs. 4.5 Lakhs and was adamant that I should hire a foreign driver as it was a foreign car. However, when I didn't get a foreigner, I hired an Anglo-Indian named Robinson and gave him a cap and uniform. I asked him to drive me to AVM Studio and went to the same floor I spoke to the producer, earlier. I got down and smoked two 555 cigarettes. All the people there were more fascinated with Robinson than my car! The success I got in those 2 years was not just because of my hard work alone but also because of my good time!"
"A lot of negativity is being spread everywhere, be it on social media or any form of media. When we ask somebody to get a coffee normally, they don't. Only when we shout at them, we get the coffee. One day, God came in the dream of a very hardworking person and asked him what he wanted. The person asked God to give love and affection. So, let's all spread love! Let's all live well! All of you please return home safely!"
All the guests and the entire Darbar team and Shahir & Visu from Divo are all on the stage. The audio is being launched in a unique way, with a gun shoot! AR Murugadoss says "Action" and Rajinikanth shoots the gun. The mass audio launch of Darbar just got over!
Popular singer's breaking statement about Darbar tracklist
By Vivek Raj | Galatta | 05:26 PM
‘Superstar’ Rajinikanth’s upcoming film, Darbar, announced to come out in theatres on January 9, 2020 as a massive Pongal treat wrapped up shooting not long back under director A. R. Murugadoss’ direction. The music for the cop action entertainer has been composed by Anirudh Ravichander with the first single track titled ‘Chumma Kizhi’ going on to create the record for being the most listened Tamil track in a span of 24 hours. With the Darbar audio launch announced to take place later this week on the 7th at the Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium in Chennai, reports of the film’s complete tracklist have been doing the rounds online since yesterday. It was revealed in the tracklist that popular singer Sid Sriram has sung a song titled ‘Kannazhagi’, which he has now denied on his Twitter space. Check out his tweets below:
Darbar has Rajinikanth playing the role of a top-ranking police official named Aaditya Arunasalam and will seen him donning the khakhi for the first time since his Pandiyan, almost 28 years in 1992. Nayanthara will be seen alongside Rajinikanth for the fourth time after her previous appearances in Chandramukhi, Sivaji and Kuselan with Bollywood actors Suniel Shetty and Prateik Babbar playing the role of the antagonists while actress Nivetha Thomas and comedian Yogi Babu have been cast in vital supporting roles.
Superstar Rajinikanth's Darbar breaking records already! Check out deets here...
By MKV | Galatta | 06:44 PM
The name Rajinikanth is an emotion for crores of his fans and the title Superstar is something that he has earned in his long and illustrious 43-year career. The legendary star is renowned across the world and his movies make and break records on a regular basis. However, now with the advent of technology, Superstar's upcoming movie Darbar is creating records long before its release itself! The lyric video of Thalaivar's introduction song 'Chumma Kizhi' from Darbar, which has lyrics penned by Vivek and has been sung by the veteran SP Balasubrahmaniam, was released yesterday. Within less than 24 hours from release, it has created a massive record!
Rockstar Anirudh, who is scoring the music for Darbar has just now posted on his Twitter handle that the 'Chumma Kizhi' song has crossed over 8 million views on youtube and has become the highest viewed Tamil song in 24 hours! This is quite a massive record indeed! The mass lyrics penned by Vivek have come in for a lot of acclaim too. Darbar, bankrolled by Lyca Productions and starring Nayanthara as the female lead, is all set to hit the screens for Pongal, on January 9th, 2020! As quoted by Anirudh, this is indeed going to be a "Darbar Pongal" for all Rajini fans!
AR Murugadoss, who is directing Darbar, is working with the Superstar for the first time. The cast of Darbar includes Bollywood stars Suniel Shetty, Dalip Tahil and Prateik Babbar, alongside our Kollywood stars Nivetha Thomas, Yogi Babu and Thambi Ramaiah, among others. Sreekar Prasad is taking care of the editing while Santosh Sivan is handling the camera. This stellar team is fast shoring up the post production work, to get the movie ready for release in time!
Check out Anirudh's tweet here:
Idhu Thalaivarin Anbu saamraajyam🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻 #ChummaKizhi hits 8 million and is the highest viewed Tamil song in 24 hours 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 #DarbarPongal #DarbarThiruvizha
Thank you and love you all :) @ARMurugadoss sir #SPB sir @Lyricist_Vivek 🥳🥳🥳 pic.twitter.com/5KQQzhoxdD— Anirudh Ravichander (@anirudhofficial) November 28, 2019
Much awaited Chumma Kizhi Song from Thalaivar's Darbar - check out
By Arvind Sundaram | Galatta | 04:55 PM
Superstar Rajinikanth's Darbar is gearing up to hit the screens on January 9, 2020 for the festive occasion of Pongal. This mega biggie features big names like Nayanthara, Suniel Shetty, Prateik Babbar, Yogi Babu, and Nivetha Thomas in the star cast. The highly awaited first song from the film has now been released amidst sky rocketing expectations from Thalaivar fans and Anirudh fans. This song, which is called 'Chumma Kizhi', is crooned by veteran S.P.Balasubrahmanyam and has lyrics penned by Vivek.
As expected, this song is full of energy and Anirudh makes no mistake as a composer. The song pumps up the mood of the listeners and this number is sure to lighten up the theatre ambience during the film's release. With Superstar Rajinikanth's charismatic screen presence, style and the dance moves, this song will definitely make the fans go gaga.
Through this newly released lyric video, the makers have also released a few new stills from the film featuring Rajinikanth. The full music album of Darbar will be releasing on December 7 in a grand event to be held at Nehru Indoor Stadium. The digital rights of this song and the film's music belongs to Divo Music. Chumma Kizhi is definitely going to take the social media by storm as the number is full of energy and celebration. Check the song here (below these images):
Lyrics of Superstar Rajinikanth's Darbar song Chumma Kizhi are here! Check it out...
By MKV | Galatta | 08:00 PM
Superstar Rajinikanth is a phenomenon and his die-hard fans are now waiting with bated breath for updates about his upcoming movie Darbar. This movie, bankrolled by Lyca Productions, is being directed by AR Murugadoss. The shoot for this movie has been completed and Rajinikanth has also completed dubbing for his portions. The team is busy with the post production work and the movie is expected to hit the screens on January 10th, next year. Rockstar Anirudh is scoring the music for Darbar and early today he tweeted that the first single of this movie - 'Chumma Kizhi' would be releasing tomorrow evening at 5:00 pm. Meanwhile, we have an interesting update on this song!
Lyricist Vivek has penned the lyrics for the 'Chumma Kizhi' song, which will be Superstar's introduction song in Darbar. This song has been sung by veteran SP Balasubrahmaniam, who traditionally lends his voice for almost all of Superstar Rajinikanth's introduction songs. Just a little while back, lyricist Vivek released the lines he had penned for this 'Chumma Kizhi' song. These lines reflect Rajini's role as a Police officer and are sure to be a mass entry song for the Superstar! Vivek released the lyrics at 7:00 pm and with just minutes of his post coming up on Twitter, it got an amazing response with very high re-tweets and likes.
Darbar will see Superstar Rajinikanth donning the Khaki for the first time in 28 years, post Pandian. Nayanthara plays the female lead in this movie, which has an ensemble cast including Suniel Shetty, Yogi Babu, Prateil Babbar, Nivetha Thomas, Thambi Ramaiah, Sriman and Dalip Tahil, among others. Santosh Sivan has cranked the camera for Darbar, which has editing by Sreekar Prasad. The movie's shoot began in April this year in Mumbai and was wrapped up very quickly. Stay tuned for updates...
Check out lyricist Vivek's tweet here:
நீ குடுத்த ஸ்டாரோட
இன்னைக்கும் ராஜா நான்
கேட்டுப் பாரு-சும்மா கிழி
சிங்கம் வரும் ஸ்சீனோட
‘ஸ்டார்’-means police rank..wait..nope
Our own Super⭐️@rajinikanth @ARMurugadoss@anirudhofficial @LycaProductions pic.twitter.com/4MBRjFbu3A— Vivek Lyricist (@Lyricist_Vivek) November 26, 2019
Anirudh's big Darbar announcement for 'Thalaivar' fans - check it out!
By Vivek Raj | Galatta | 03:53 PM
A film that has fans excited everywhere, ‘Superstar’ Rajinikanth’s Darbar announced earlier this year by Lyca Productions will be coming out in theatres worldwide on January 9, 2020 as a massive Pongal treat. Directed by A. R. Murugadoss, the film is in its post-production stages now and has Anirudh Ravichander on board a ‘Thalaivar’ film after giving chart-buster tunes in Petta. Darbar will see Rajinikanth playing the role of a top-ranking police official with the film’s motion poster featuring the ‘Thalaivar’ theme composed by Anirudh getting a huge response online. That said, we had revealed last week that Rajinikanth’s intro song in the film titled ‘Chumma Kizhi’ sung by S. P. Balasubrahmanyam with lyrics penned by Vivek will be released on November 27. Now, Lyca Productions has released a video in which we can see Anirudh informing fans that the ‘Chumma Kizhi’ song, which is the first single from the film, will indeed be released on November 27.
It is said that once the ‘Chumma Kizhi’ track is released, promotions for Darbar will also kickstart, which is likely to have its audio and teaser released sometime around the first week of December. Rajinikanth is going to be seen as a police officer named Aaditya Arunasalam in Darbar and this will be the first time after a gap of almost 28 years that he will be seen on the big screen in khakhi uniform after Pandyan came out in 1992. Set to be an action fiesta, the film has Nayanthara as the female lead followed by Bollywood actors Suniel Shetty and Prateik Babbar as the antagonists and actress Nivetha Thomas and comedian Yogi Babu in vital supporting roles.
Check out Anirudh’s statement about the ‘Chumma Kizhi’ song on the Lyca Productions Twitter page:
Kannungala #ChummaKizhi'ka ready ya? 🔥
Thalaivar'in #DARBAR 1st single from 27th Nov 💥 ROCKSTAR @anirudhofficial musical 🎶 sung by the legendary #SPB sir 🎙️ & lyrics by @Lyricist_Vivek ✒️🎶@rajinikanth @ARMurugadoss #Nayanthara @divomovies @gaana #DarbarPongal pic.twitter.com/gcnkBMMpfg— Lyca Productions (@LycaProductions) November 24, 2019
GALATTA BREAKING: Darbar first single track release date revealed
By Vivek Raj | Galatta | 01:51 PM
‘Superstar’ Rajinikanth’s Darbar has been one of the most anticipated films ever since it was announced earlier this year by Lyca Productions. An A. R. Murugadoss directorial, the upcoming action film will see Rajinikanth playing the role of a top-ranking police official featuring the music of Anirudh Ravichander. Announced to be hitting theatres worldwide on January 9, 2020, the film’s motion poster featuring the ‘Thalaivar’ theme composed by Anirudh went on to receive a humongous response from fans everywhere. That said, it was revealed a while back that Rajinikanth’s intro song in the film has been titled ‘Summa Kizhi’ and will be a grand treat as it has been sung by S. P. Balasubrahmanyam. Now, sources close to have disclosed that the ‘Summa Kizhi song is a super-energetic number and will be released on NOVEMBER 27. Fans expect Anirudh to conjure up yet another smash hit as he had done with the ‘Marana Mass’ song in the blockbuster, Petta.
The release of the ‘Summa Kizhi’ track will kickstart the promotions for Darbar, which will incidentally have its audio and teaser released in the first week of December. The film will also be the first time after a gap of almost 28 years that Rajinikanth will be seen on the big screen as a police officer after Pandyan came out in 1992. Being billed to be an out-and-out action entertainer, Darbar includes a big star cast which includes names like Nayanthara as the female lead followed by Bollywood actors Suniel Shetty and Prateik Babbar as the antagonists and actress Nivetha Thomas and comedian Yogi Babu in vital supporting roles.