SHOCKING: Sanam Shetty files a police complaint against Bigg Boss Tharshan
By Arvind Sundaram | Galatta | 04:26 PM
Popular model and budding actor Tharshan rose to fame with his participation in Bigg Boss through which he earned a huge fan base. Tharshan was in a relationship with actress Sanam Shetty and their relationship was widely known one. The couple were often spotted together. In a shocking turn of events, Sanam Shetty lodged a police complaint against Tharshan this afternoon and it has created waves on social media. After lodging the complaint at the Commissioner’s office, Sanam met the press and media and addressed her issue.
She said, “Tharshan and I got engaged on May 12, 2019 in the presence of more than 200 people, including our friends and relatives. Our wedding was decided to happen on June 10, 2019. But, that was the time when Tharshan got confirmed for participating in Bigg Boss. He requested us to postpone the wedding and assured that he will marry me once he comes back from Bigg Boss. He told me not to tell anyone about our engagement since he felt it might affect his fame and respecting his words, I maintained silence about it.
People know that both of us were in a relationship, but no one had an idea about our engagement. He is now a famous figure and he has gained popularity. But, he is now avoiding me and disrespecting me in many ways. He is also not ready to marry me and I am left with no answers. He says he doesn’t want to marry an actress and points out that he cannot marry me for the same reason. I was an actress way back when he met me and didn’t he realise it that time? He doubts that I am having an illicit relationship with the actors whom I act and says he can’t trust me.
I have helped him so much in all these years. I would have easily spent around 15 lakhs for his fame and popularity. I got him as many advertisements and movies as possible and he also made good use of it. In fact, I was the one who sent him the Bigg Boss application form. I tried talking to him, but got no answer. I had gone to Jaffna to meet his parents and had no luck there, as well. He defamed me and disrespected me on many recent occasions. He has mentally harassed me and isn’t worried about it. He says he has backing and knows how to come out of it.
I didn’t talk about these things all these months because I respected his words, but I had to come out now because of my family. My father had a heart attack last week and neither Tharshan nor his family cared about it. I have filed the case against him on the grounds of cheating, fraud, threatening, woman harassment, and most importantly, breach of trust. I hope you all will support me. I sincerely hope the people of Tamil Nadu will support me and help me in getting justice.”
During the press meet, Sanam shared the pictures from their engagement function and also showed the digital copy of their wedding invitation. As the fans are in deep shock, we will have to wait for a few more days to know if Tharshan will react to all these allegations made by Sanam Shetty.
Breaking: Bigg Boss winner Mugen Rao to act in new movie for K Productions!
By MKV | Galatta | 06:09 PM
After a highly impressive first season, the Tamil version of the popular TV reality show Bigg Boss, took a hit amongst the viewers in the second season. However, the third season of Bigg Boss Tamil, became a super hit with the viewers and the contestants also gained a lot of popularity. One of the most favourite contestants of the people was Mugen Rao, who eventually went on to become the season's title winner! Mugen, a singer, writer, performer and musician, is from Malaysia and is famous for a number of his songs which are very popular on Facebook! We now have an exciting update on his cinematic entry in Kollywood!
Our sources from within Kollywood reveal that Mugan Rao has been signed up for a new movie, to be produced by SN Rajarajan under his K Studios banner! This banner has been associated with a number of movies including Vijay Sethupathi's Sindhubaadh and the blockbuster hit Pyaar Prema Kaadhal. K Productions and SN Rajarajan have often been in the news for controversial reasons after their tussle with the Baahubali producers Arka Media Works, went viral. They have an ongoing legal issue and this comes to the limelight anytime a project associated with K Productions get close to release!
Last year, Rana Daggubati had put up a tweet stating that his movie 1945/Madai Thirandhu, which was produced by K Productions, was not complete yet as he was yet to receive payment from SN Rajarajan. However, the producer responded by stating that it is the director's call to decide if a movie had been completed or not. A project with GV Prakash and Varsha Bollamma was announced by K Productions but unfortunately, it got shelved after not taking off due to various reasons. Let's wish that this new project with Mugen Rao gets rolling and releases without any issues! Stay tuned for updates...
Kavin's never-before-seen picture before entering Bigg Boss 3 house!
By Vivek Raj | Galatta | 09:09 PM
Actor Kavin became a household name after appearing on the smash hit Tamil reality TV show, Bigg Boss, last year. The show, which was telecast for the third season in 2019, introduced to us several unknown names with Kavin being one among the few notable names considering fans had seen him earlier in a few films and TV shows.
That said, Kavin has now taken to his Instagram page to share a picture of himself from last year saying it was clicked a day before he entered the Bigg Boss 3 house while also stating that things in his life have changed since he participated in the show as one of the contestants. His statement reads, "A symbolic send off. This picture was taken by my friends on the day before i entered into BB house.. It was their way of wishing me luck.. :) Looking back at how certain things have changed from that night..!". Check out the picture below:
Post his stint on Bigg Boss 3, Kavin's popularity skyrocketed overnight and became a fan favorite to walk out as the winner of Bigg Boss 3. Despite Malaysian singer Mugen Rao winning the title and choreographer Sandy coming in as the runner up with Sri Lankan news reader Losliya being adjudged as the second runner up, Kavin's presence on Bigg Boss 3 drew massive ratings.
"Very unsafe...": Bigg Boss 2 Riythvika's terrible experience
By Vivek Raj | Galatta | 03:22 PM
The winner of the second edition of the smash hit Tamil reality TV show, Bigg Boss, Riythvika had started her acting career on a bang by landing an important and notable role in National Award-winning director Bala’s critically-acclaimed film, Paradesi, in 2013. Riythvika became a household name across Tamil Nadu after emerging as the winner of Bigg Boss 2 last year beating out 15 other contestants and went on to take home a trophy and a cash prize of Rs. 50 lakhs for her victory. A year after her stint in the Bigg Boss house, Riythvika has been keeping herself busy with upcoming projects. However, the actress has now taken to her Twitter page to share details of the terrible experience she had to endure during her journey in an Uber car, which she has described as an unsafe and terrible one while also calling the driver to be rude. The official customer service Twitter channel for Uber India too has since responded to Riythvika’s tweet as well and it now remains to be seen how things transpire. Check it out below:
Riythvika has been featured in notable films since her debut in Paradesi which include a breakthrough performance in Pa. Ranjith’s action drama, Madras, alongside Karthi and Kalaiyarasan, Oru Naal Koothu, the ‘Chiyaan’ Vikram and Nayanthara starrer, Iru Mugan, Torchlight with Sadha and the direct-to-video venture, Sigai, starring Kathir in the lead role. Riythvika’s upcoming film is the ‘Attakathi’ Dinesh and Anandhi starrer, Irandaam Ulagaporin Kadaisi Gundu, which is gearing up for its theatrical release later this month.
Sivakarthikeyan releases the first look of this Bigg Boss contestant's next movie!
By MKV | Galatta | 07:00 PM
One of the busiest, multi-talented and most wanted stars of Tamil cinema is Sivakarthikeyan, who was last seen in the superhit movie Namma Veettu Pillai and is currently working on a number of other movies. Today evening, he launched the first look poster of Bigg Boss fame Harish Kalyan's upcoming movie Dhanusu Raasi Neyargale! This movie is the debut directorial venture of actor turned director Sanjay Bharathi! Bankrolled by Gokulam Gopalan for the Sree Gokulam Movies banner, this movie also stars Reba Monica John and Digangana Suryavanshi as the female leads.
Dhanusu Raasi Neyargale is a romantic comedy entertainer, which will see Harish Kalyan in a new avatar. He will be seen as a staunch astrology believer, who faces different situations in life because of this. Ghibran is scoring the music for this movie, in which Rockstar Anirudh has lent his voice for a song! PK Varma is handling the cinematography for this movie while Umesh J Kumar is taking care of the editing. There were reports that the scene introducing all three leads is set in a bar and the film goes forth to reveal the events of the drunken night that follows.
Harish Kalyan is said to be playing the role of an automobile mechanic with deep-rooted superstitious and astrological beliefs. Director Sanjay Bharathi is the son of veteran actor and director Santhana Bharathi and he hopes that his first film will reach the family audiences and turn out to be a hit. Let's wait and watch...
Check out the first look here:
Happy to release the first look of #DhanusuRaasiNeyargalae Best wishes to the entire team for a big success😊👍 @iamharishkalyan @isanjaybharathi @Gokulam_Movies @GhibranOfficial @Pk_dop @DiganganaS @Reba_Monica @mani_rsinfo @SureshChandraa @ProRekha @SonyMusicSouth pic.twitter.com/34o5D4Epbl— Sivakarthikeyan (@Siva_Kartikeyan) October 31, 2019
All the Bigg Boss housemates together once again - check out this fun filled promo
By Arvind Sundaram | Galatta | 05:20 PM
The third season of Bigg Boss ended on a grand note with the Malaysian independent musician, Mugen Rao, turning out to be the title winner. Dance choreographer Sandy finished as the runner up while Losliya was declared to be the second runner. The show definitely had its own fan following and emerged as one of the most popular shows in the television arena. The show topped all of the rankings and the participants also got humongous buzz and fame through the show. All the contestants have now come together for a special show to be aired on Vijay Television.
This show is called Bigg Boss Kondattam and we see all the housemates performing their own talents amidst huge cheers. The promo is fun-filled and we don't want our readers to miss it. All the fans of Mugen, Sandy, Tharshan, Kavin, Losliya, Cheran, don't miss the show this weekend on November 3rd at 3.30 PM. For now, check out the promo:
"Bigil will always be remembered for the vandalism displayed...": Bigg Boss 3 star lashes out
By Vivek Raj | Galatta | 04:31 PM
Actress Kasthuri Shankar has been a prominent name in Tamil cinema ever since she landed starring roles in the early 1990s, but has also been one of the most outspoken film personalities to debate various social issues. She also went on to become a trending name when she was announced as a wildcard contestant on the third edition of the recently concluded hit Tamil reality show Bigg Boss. Having said that, Kasthuri, who has often used her Twitter page as a platform to put across her opinions on various issues, has this time expressed her disappointment and dismay towards a certain section of Vijay fans for their acts of vandalism of a cinema theatre in Krishnagiri after the superstar’s latest film, Bigil, saw a slight delay in its early morning special show's release.
Kasthuri further questioned the onlookers for standing quiet and not making an effort to stop the menace that had spiraled out of control in Krishnagiri. She also stated that the individuals who were seen in the riot were all young men and not a single woman, child or elderly person was nowhere to be seen. Kasthuri then queried the youths irrespective of them being Vijay’s fans or his haters as to whether their intention to damage public property because a cinema screening got canceled is justifiable while also inquiring if they indeed are going to bring a change in the society. Check out her tweets:
Meera Mitun lashes out at Bigg Boss 3 boys in new viral video
By Vivek Raj | Galatta | 11:49 AM
Ever since Meera Mitun’s entry in the Bigg Boss house a few months back, the model turned actress has become a household name and one of the most widely discussed stars among fans of the smash hit Tamil reality TV show. Apart from her stint on Bigg Boss 3, Meera Mitun has been a subject of major controversy for a while now and has released a detailed statement after Vijay TV had telecast a program titled, ‘We are the boys’, which featured Tamil actor Kavin, Malaysian heartthrob Mugen Rao, choreographer Sandy and Sri Lankan actor Tharshan Thiyagarajah.
In the video, Meera Mitun goes on to question the reason behind why a program titled ‘We are the boys’ was allowed for telecast while saying that she is at present in Mumbai filming for her upcoming Bollywood debut project and wasn’t able to watch the program. She added saying she was receiving various comments on her social networking pages regarding the program in which she was apparently being made fun of in a discriminatory manner by the Bigg Boss 3 boys gang. Meera then went on to state the four boys had pursued her non-stop during her stay in the Bigg Boss house, but don’t possess the guts to come out in the open and speak about it. Towards the end of the video, Meera Mitun lashes out saying she has more national and international fame than any hero and heroine in Tamil Nadu and concluded by saying she will be releasing a video every day that will prove who she is in terms of popularity and stardom.
Check out the video below:
"We are the boys": new surprise Bigg Boss 3 promo | Mugen | Tharshan | Kavin | Sandy
By Vivek Raj | Galatta | 03:31 PM
The third season of the hit Tamil reality TV show, Bigg Boss, has turned out to be a stupendous success as its previous editions with Malaysian heartthrob Mugen Rao declared as the winner while popular choreographer Sandy was adjudged the winner. With the curtains brought down on Bigg Boss 3, the fortunes of all the stars have radically changed and are now enjoying their popularity quite a lot. Meanwhile, a new promo has now been released by Vijay TV showing Bigg Boss 3 winner Mugen Rao along with Sandy, Tharshan and Kavin speaking about their experiences on the show while having a total blast together. Furthermore, we see Rio Raj and Ma Ka Pa Anand participating along with them and are seen joining in on the fun. To be aired on the channel at 3:30PM tomorrow (13.10.2019), the show has been titled ‘We are the boys’ and is named after the song the four had sung during their stay in the Bigg Boss 3 house. The song has since become a viral hit among youngsters with fans coming out with their own cover versions as well.
Check out the 'We are the boys' promo along with the screenshots below:
"No payment and nothing they've given me": Sherin's statement after Bigg Boss 3
By Vivek Raj | Galatta | 04:20 PM
The smash hit Tamil reality TV show, Bigg Boss, wrapped up its third season last week and is still the talk of the town. As with the previous seasons, Bigg Boss 3 too has turned out to be a success with all of the contestants going on to become household names across Tamil Nadu. Likewise, popular actress Sherin Shringar has is now one of the most popular names from the show and was one of the favorites to take home the title of winner for Bigg Boss 3 along with Losliya, Sandy and Mugen Rao. With the third season officially wrapped up, Sherin has now in an exclusive interview with Galatta revealed many unknown secrets during her stay in the Bigg Boss house.
During the interview, Sherin reveals a fun and interesting unknown detail saying, “While portraying the role of a salon barber in Bigg Boss 3, I had given a haircut to Tharshan first, who barely cared about the results. I had never before given a haircut to anybody and Kavin and Sandy stepped forward after seeing the results on Tharshan. Soon after, every two weeks, I began giving haircuts to all three of them and I still haven’t received any payment till date. I’ve been given nothing yet,”.
Check out Sherin’s interview below: