By Archana Venkat | Galatta | 03:24 PM
Director Shankar’s decision to launch 2.0 audio in Dubai was criticized by many because people felt it didn’t make any sense to launch an Indian movie in a different country to make it look like Hollywood.
Adding woes to the criticism, the audio launch event struggled to meet expectations.
• A massive delay that just annoyed people who were waiting in Dubai and also those waiting online to see updates. The event scheduled at 7 PM began only by 12 PM.
• Tamannah’s costume as Endhiran was for a Bollywood TV show which has nothing to do with the launch but went viral on Twitter. The official channel had no word on it.
• The production house promised photographs and inside info of 2.0 event but nothing emerged officially except for the initial grand press meet and promotions.
• Audio was launched at 2 AM in the night in Dubai making thousands of fan wait in anticipation.
• Music composed by AR Rahman had just two songs and it got leaked hours before online and fans were done listening to it when the audio launch happened.