What went wrong in 2.0 event yesterday?
Director Shankar’s decision to launch 2.0 audio in Dubai was criticized by many because people felt it didn’t make any sense to launch an Indian movie in a different country to make it look like Hollywood.
Adding woes to the criticism, the audio launch event struggled to meet expectations.
• A massive delay that just annoyed people who were waiting in Dubai and also those waiting online to see updates. The event scheduled at 7 PM began only by 12 PM.
• Tamannah’s costume as Endhiran was for a Bollywood TV show which has nothing to do with the launch but went viral on Twitter. The official channel had no word on it.
• The production house promised photographs and inside info of 2.0 event but nothing emerged officially except for the initial grand press meet and promotions.
• Audio was launched at 2 AM in the night in Dubai making thousands of fan wait in anticipation.
• Music composed by AR Rahman had just two songs and it got leaked hours before online and fans were done listening to it when the audio launch happened.