EXCLUSIVE: PETTA death scene backstory revealed
‘Superstar’ Rajinikanth’s Petta directed by Karthik Subbaraj under the Sun Pictures banner is going strong at the box office with massive collections.
With music by Anirudh Ravichander, the multi-starrer action entertainer also has ‘Makkal Selvan' Vijay Sethupathi, Simran, Trisha, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Sasikumar, Mahendran, Sananth, Bobby Simha, Guru Somasundaram, Malavika Mohanan, Vaibhav among others in major starring roles.
Meanwhile, Suresh Selvarajan, who served as the art director for ‘Thalaivar’ Rajinikanth’s Petta has now opened up on the making of the film including his experience during his assistant days with Sabu Cyril and in Shankar’s Enthiran.
The Bharat Ane Nenu art director went on to speak about Petta saying, "On the outside, there is an assumption that an art director’s role is confined to building a set and a film is shot around it. This is only 40% and there is a lot of work surrounding the remainder 60% considering there aren’t any locations as needed for the plot or story. For example, in Petta, there is a death scene where Rajinikanth dances and motions to a person to close a gate. In reality, there is no gate and we had to add one for the story".
He further added, "Our role is to see to it that a wall is built so a functionable gate can be added and this is only for that one particular scene. Likewise, for every scene and an action, there will be something imperative in the background and that is without a doubt a work of the art department. So, whatever goes on in a live location, you can be sure the art direction department’s work will be there in every frame of the film".
Check out Suresh Selvarajan talk about Petta and more in the video below: