Vellaiya Irukkiravan Poi Solla Maattan Movie News
Vellaiya Irukkiravan Poi Solla Maattan Movie PhotosView More Vellaiya Irukkiravan Poi Solla Maattan Photos
Vellaiya Irukkiravan Poi Solla Maattan Movie review
Right from its title, director AL Abanindran's Vellaiya Irukiravan Poi Solla Maatan grabbed its attention ever since the launch for its title. At times, when everyone sees only the comical side of the one line, made famous by comedian Vadivelu, the director tries to bring out the serious side of the phrase through this film. "The illusion that fair-skinned people will not lie still exists in the society. We always conclude and presume that fair-skinned are more intelligent and honest than others. This film will highlight the superstitious and prejudices prevailing in society," the director, who has earlier assisted Rajeev Menon, explained in an interview with Galatta. The film is produced by the director along with his friend Devanshu under Ignite films, and the star cast includes Praveen Kumar, Shalini, Narein, Bala Sarvanan, Sanam Shetty, JP, Arul Dass, Pazhani, Gnanavel, Karthik Kumar, MJ Sriram, Krishna, and T.M. Karthik.
The plot of the film revolves around an honest man Praveen, who urgently need a lump sum amount for his father's (JP) treatment. With no other choice, he ends up at the doorsteps of a money lender (Aruldass), but fails to repay it on time. Praveen decides to blackmail his ex-girlfriend Shalini, who is now married to a doctor Karthi Kumar. Surprisingly, the blackmail idea goes on like a chain of events and ends up with a local don Naren. The rest of the plot of how these characters manages to escape from the web of blackmails.
* The story is the hero in VIPSM. Director Abanindran has weaved the story perfectly with humor, emotions and thrilling moments. And, the last ten minutes of the film will transform this comedy script into an emotional drama.
* The film has a perfect casting, newcomers Praveen, and Shalini has done their part well, so is Karthi Kumar. However, Naren and Jp steal the show with their thundering performance.
* Sarangan's visuals are rightly complemented with Joshua Sridhar's music and Anthony's editing.
* The team could have been worked on the songs in a better way
* The story narration in the first half could have made the film more intriguing.
Verdict: A well planned comedy of errors!