Miruthan Movie News
Miruthan Movie Videos
Miruthan Movie PhotosView More Miruthan Photos
Miruthan Movie review
A chemical leak at a factory spreads a deadly virus in the city that turns people into zombies. Miruthan's story is about how Karthik (Jayam Ravi) in an attempt to save his sister fights the zombies and helps the local doctors find a cure for the dangerous virus. This is woven with a subtle love story between him and Renu (Lakshmi Menon) who plays the role of a doctor.
• The director has to be appreciated for attempting to make a zombie movie, the first of its kind in Tamil cinema. The audience will find the zombie subject fresh and interesting.
• There is no looking back for Jayam Ravi after Thani Oruvan. The actor has played his part well. Be it the comedy timing, emotions, romance or action - he has aced it all in his signature style.
• The movie has a commendable background score from Imman. Even the songs are limited in number and they don't bore you.
• The film manages to pack almost all elements that Kollywood audience would expect. There is drama, friendship, romance, song sequences, thrill and enough action.
• The limited number of characters and their crisp, brief roles give us no space to complain. Their performances are impressive too.
• The storyline of the film keeps us at the edge of the seat and engaged. The climax is an interesting one with an ending you'd not expect.
• We hear too many gun shots while the hero tries to kill the ever-growing number of zombies. We hardly see him without a gun (especially in the second half)!
• Another dampener would be the placement of songs in the movie. It din't seem right to us.
• The movie suffers some logical loopholes that might leave you confused.
An interesting subject and Jayam Ravi's performance makes Miruthan a good commercial entertainer that's a one-time watch!