24 Movie News
24 Movie Videos
24 Movie PhotosView More 24 Photos
24 Movie review
Director: Vikram Kumar
Starcast: Suriya, Samantha. Nithya Menen, Saranya Ponvannan
24 is a science-fiction thriller that revolves around the subject of time travel. Mani's father, Sethuraman is a horologist who invents a time machine (a watch) that can take you into the future, rewind to the past or freeze time. Athreya, the villain is after the device and he will do anything to get hold of it. What does Mani do with the device? Does Aathreya manage to get it from Mani? How does he do it? Will Mani give away his father's time travelling machine to Aathreya? 24 answers all of these questions. The best part about the movie is that, all three roles (of Mani, Sethuraman and Aathreya) are played by Suriya himself.
• Outstanding work by the cinematographer, art director and colourist of the film. The entire film is aesthetically pleasing. Every shot looks like a painting!
• Suriya has proved his versatility as an actor with flawless performances in the three distinct roles he plays. Our favourite Suriya, in terms of looks and characterization, was Aathreya, the baddie!
• Top-notch VFX!
• The director, Vikram Kumar has to be appreciated for simplifying and showcasing a complex subject of time travel in a manner that anybody will understand.
• The background score by AR Rahman & Qutub-E-Kripa is just fantastic, complementing the scenes so perfectly.
• Good performances by the female leads and supporting actors - Saranya, Sathyan and others.
• It's impressive how the director has managed to package romance, drama, action and a few light moments in a sci-fi film to make it a perfect masala entertainer.
• The length of the film could have been trimmed down a tad bit.
• Songs, which aren't particularly very good, look forced into the film.
24 is a perfect sci-fi entertainer with top-notch visuals and a brilliant performance by Suriya!