Rana Daggubati reveals how he could have died last year, breaks down in tears on Samantha's show
Actor Rana Daggubati, best known among Tamil cinema fans for playing the character Palvaalthevan in director SS Rajamouli's Baahubali films, during his appearance on Samantha Akkineni's new chat show, Sam Jam, broke down in tears while revealing his past illness. A promo for Samantha's Sam Jam also featuring Mahanati/Nadigaiyar Thilagam director Nag Ashwin shows Rana speaking about his health battles, while adding that there was a 70% chance of stroke or haemorrhage and 30% chance of death.
In the Sam Jam promo, Rana tells Samantha, "When life was on a fast forward, there was suddenly a pause button. There was BP, calcification around the heart and you have failed kidneys... It could have been a 70 percent chance of stroke or haemorrhage and 30 percent chance of death straight." Sam goes on to hail Rana as a superhero and says, "Though people were crumbling around you, you were like a rock. I have seen it in front of my eyes and that’s why he is a superhero to me."
Rana Daggubati, who wed sweetheart Miheeka Bajaj earlier this year, shocked fans when he shared a picture of himself looking extremely lean. The popular Telugu actor, who has also starred 'Thala' Ajith's Arrambam and the multi-starrer Bangalore Naatkal, informed about his health online after fans dropped queries. He tweeted, "Hearing lots of strange things about my health, I’m fine guys just some BP based issues I’m addressing. Will be fixed and sorted soon," he wrote, while also adding, "Thanks for the concern and love but don’t speculate it’s my health not yours ;)."
Samantha had announced a couple of weeks back that she will be hosting Sam Jam on the OTT platform, Aha. The first episode aired on November 13 featured Telugu sensation Vijay Deverakonda as the first celebrity guest. Veteran superstar Chiranjeevi too had participated during a shoot for Sam Jam, which is expected to be shown soon, with reports further stating popular stars like Allu Arjun, Tamannaah, Rashmika Mandanna and badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap too will be appearing as guests on the show.
Meanwhile, Rana Daggubati is currently waiting for the release of Kaadan, directed by Prabhu Solomon. The action adventure Tamil film also featuring Vishal Vishal has been announced to hit screens as a Pongal 2021 release. Below is Rana speaking about his health issues in the Sam Jam promo:
23/11/2020 05:12 PM
23/11/2020 04:33 PM
23/11/2020 01:16 PM
23/11/2020 12:10 PM
23/11/2020 10:47 AM