Israa Seblani had no idea her day would see such an unfortunate outcome as she stood smiling and posing for her wedding video when the blast that shattered Lebanon’s capital, Beirut, on Tuesday, left a deafening roar and a powerful shockwave blasting windows and debris off buildings at her feet. Dressed in a long white gown, footage was captured of the 29-year-old Lebanese bride during the exact moment the massive explosion rocked the Lebanese capital, which left 135 people dead while injuring more than 5,000. 

Working as a doctor in the United States, Seblani checked the injured nearby, before leaving central Beirut's Saifi square to safety. She and her husband Ahmad Subeih, 34, a businessman based in Beirut, were trying to grapple with the turn of events the next day. "I have been preparing for my big day for two weeks and I was so happy like all other girls, 'I am getting married'. My parents are going to be happy seeing me in a white dress, I will be looking like a princess," she told international news organization Reuters. 

"What happened during the explosion here – there is no word to explain … I was shocked, I was wondering what happened, am I going to die? How am I going to die?", she added. Smashed glass from windows of her hotel where she was supposed to stay lay strewn on the ground, along with the flower arrangements that had adorned banquet tables now in a crushed state.

Seblani arrived in Beirut to prepare for her wedding three weeks back. Recalling the repercussions of the blast, Subeih said, "We started to walk around and it was extremely sad, it was not describable the devastation and the sound of the explosion,". He added, "We are still in shock … I have never heard anything similar to the sound of this explosion,".

"I feel so sad about what happened to other people, about what happened to Lebanon. When I woke up and saw the damage that happened to Beirut, the one thing I said was thank God we are still alive", Seblani said. She and her husband have been trying to bring themselves back to normalcy post the blast and resume their celebrations. She said, "My husband told me to continue, we can’t stop. I was like okay, why not, we continue. I was not living the moment actually, I was like walking, my face was smiling, my lips were smiling, that’s it, not more. Then we went to have a dinner."

Speaking about entering the damaged hotel on Wednesday to claim their passports and belongings, Subeih stated, "The scene in the room was unbelievable,". He is currently waiting for a visa to the United States so he can join Seblani. "There is a lot of damage, many people were killed and wounded. But also if I want to look at us, myself, my husband, the photographer – how we escaped unharmed, I thank God for protecting us. This alone makes me feel optimistic and to keep the joy of the occasion that I came here to celebrate", Seblani said. 

Watch the video below: