The lengthy lockdown brought on by the government to control the spread of the COVID-19 Novel Corona Virus, put us all through some testing times. However, it was more difficult for some, than others! A heart-touching video posted by YouTuber Gaurav Wasan, went viral. This video, of an aged couple from Malviya Nagar in South Delhi, expressing their plight due to the loss of their livelihood and their lack of business during the lockdown, melted many hearts and thousands of people rushed to their aid with donations as well as patronage for their business - a small roadside store selling food. The aged couple - 80-year-old Kanta Prasad and his wife became the cynosure of everybody's eyes, after their tale of distress and sorrow tugged at everybody's heartstrings. Their business began improving from the very next day and hundreds of people lined up to help their business grow!

Many media houses also covered Kanta Prasad's story and he became an instant celebrity in the South Delhi region, after Gaurav's video went viral on October 7th and their hotel Baba Ka Dhaba also became an instant hit. However, now it has come to light that Kanta Prasad has lodged a complaint with the Police, accusing YouTuber Gaurav Wasan of committing fraud against him. Kanta Prasad and a group of men are said to have approached the Malviya Nagar Police amd claimed to have been duped of money. Prasad is said to have told the media that he had only received a cheque of Rs. 2 lakhs from Wasan, so far. He is also said to have told that he is not getting many customers now as people only come to take selfies now. Earlier he had been earning over Rs. 10,000 a day but it seems to have dropped rapidly and come down to just Rs. 3,000 to Rs. 5,000 per day. Kanta Prasad's complaint with the Police has alleged that Wasan had wantedly shared his own and his family members' bank details for donations and siphoned off money from the amount which people had donated to him out of goodwill. 

Confirming this, the DCP of South Delhi - Atul Kumar Thakur said, "We received the complaint yesterday and are enquiring into it. FIR has not been filed as yet." However, denying all these allegations, Gaurav Wasan stated that he had transferred all the money he received as donation, to Kanta Prasad's account. Gaurav is said to have told that he did not know that the video would become viral when he shot it and didn't want anybody to harass the old couple and that is why he had shared his own account details. He is also said to have shared receipts of three transactions that he had done - cheques for Rs. 1,00,000 & Rs. 2,33,000 and another challan for a bank deposit of Rs. 45,000. This is said to have been the total amount collected in the first 3 days since the video went viral. Wasan also added that he was unable to check his account details, as he did not have his phone on him, then. Some YouTubers allege that Wasan would have received about Rs. 20 - 25 lakhs but he vehemently denied the same!